friend

Zoom-able Genealogy Research Process Map

Friday, 4 Mar 2011 | by Mark Tucker

I have had fun thinking about what else I can make “zoom-able” using the Zoom.it website.

So here is the Genealogy Research Process map:

Let me know if you find this format useful.

15 Comments »

1. This is really impressive. I can imagine it for presentations (which would not be useful to me) and also on a blog. Thanks for sharing it. And I like your Research Process Map. Very clean and clear. Thanks.

Comment by Nancy — 4 Mar 2011 @ 7:22 pm

2. I’ve loved your Research Process Map from the beginning and still do.

Comment by Michelle Goodrum — 4 Mar 2011 @ 10:33 pm

3. Hello Mark,

I was very impressed with your zoomable photograph. It immediately occured to me that I have always wanted a way to display my Ancestor Tree without using one of the online tree services. Most family tree’s are too big to display so zooming it is ideal. See my recent post on how I used it : -

I think this is a great new tool in the genealogist armoury. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Tony

Comment by Tony Timmins — 5 Mar 2011 @ 2:49 pm

4. I definitely like it! As a retired IT nut, it really makes the process logical and clear. Compared to how some books & lecturers try to explain it, there is just no comparison.

Comment by Merryann — 5 Mar 2011 @ 2:59 pm

5. Once again, you’ve shown us a great tool to make it possible to view much larger images than our browsers normally permit. Thanks for THINKING, Mark!

Comment by DearMYRTLE — 6 Mar 2011 @ 10:29 am

6. I agree with everybody. I also notice you cannot right click the image. That might be useful.

Didn’t you say before that we have permission to print it?

Comment by Darlene — 6 Mar 2011 @ 4:05 pm

7. Mark,

This is marvelous. I love the way it retains resolution! Thank you for sharing!

Happy DaeĀ·

Comment by Dae Powell — 7 Mar 2011 @ 9:17 am

8. You are free to print the map for your own personal use. Just download it: http://www.thinkgenealogy.com/wp-content/uploads/Genealogy%20Research%20Map%20v2.pdf

Thanks for your comments.

Comment by Mark Tucker — 8 Mar 2011 @ 8:38 pm

9. Thank you Mark. I downloaded quite awhile ago but hadn’t printed yet. I may have been one of those 500 pageviews on Thursday, 31 Jul 2008. Hum, I should go look for that download. Maybe I have a copy of the original. I figure It may become a ‘collector’s item’.

Think I will do that for my personal use and maybe laminate too. Thank you for all you have done to make it easier for us.

Comment by Darlene — 8 Mar 2011 @ 8:52 pm

10. I saw this when I took Boston University Genealogy Research Certificate program. Did you know that they used it for the class? Very well done.

Comment by Sharon — 9 Mar 2011 @ 7:04 pm

11. Thank you!
    If I were still in the classroom, I’d be seeking permission to use this while teaching historical research.
    As it is, I’ll add a link to my favorites.
    Aloha!

Comment by Corlis — 9 Mar 2011 @ 7:13 pm

12. It is great and I just saw the comment about dowloading it.

I will download it and see if I have been doing all of the suggested steps.

Comment by Charlotte Leas — 9 Mar 2011 @ 8:12 pm

13. I hope you had a great experience in the program at Boston University. I did know that they used it. Thanks for the kind words.

Comment by Mark Tucker — 9 Mar 2011 @ 10:44 pm

14. Yes, thank you.

Comment by MaryAnn — 10 Mar 2011 @ 5:21 am

15. [...] explained that by writing the blog post, it reinforced what she had learned about these databases.Zoom-able Research Map by Mark Tucker. Spotlighting the internet resource Zoom.it as a method for viewing larger, detailed [...]

Pingback by Across My Desk: 6 March 2011 Ideas for Blogging | QUINCETREE — 27 Mar 2011 @ 7:18 am

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI