Going along on a similar car train of thought as the genealogy license plates here and here, I created some sayings for genealogy-related bumper stickers. As far as I know these are original creations:
- My Fred is dead. Is yours?
- My Cherokee princess ancestor is more documented than your Cherokee princess ancestor.
- Researching your ancestors is a grave pastime.
- Genealogy is so much fun people are dying to help you out.
- Slow down; you could be my 3rd cousin twice removed.
- Genealogists are strong; they break through brick walls.
- Genealogy is all around. Just look at the evidence.
- I’m tops on my ahnentafel!
- No kidding! You are also President Obama’s fourth cousin once removed?
- Mission Genealogical: microfilm is not just for spies.
- Citing sources is so exciting.
As a genealogist or family historian, what would you want on a bumper sticker?
You know when you are driving behind a genealogist when …
… the SUV in front of you has the entire back window covered with white stick-people stickers to form a 4-generation pedigree chart.
NOTE: I created this post a few days ago while I was still on a roll with the license plates. My plan was to post it on Tuesday after the holiday weekend. Then along comes Randy Seaver with his Saturday Night Genealogy Fun — Create a Bumper Sticker challenge so I’ve decided to post this now. Technically it is now early Sunday morning (its just after midnight) but I have been working all night on an article for Digital Genealogist and just saw Randy’s post. No time now to Photoshop bumper stickers, maybe another day. Hopefully I can make up for it with quantity.