Pierre in San Francisco]]>
I am a longtime PE user, but am shifting over to Adobe Lightroom; perhaps it has some features that will be useful in your model as well.]]>
1. Include a process to easily identify potential duplicate marriages and merge them.
2. Include a process to easily remove/delete a set of standard facts from the fact list — i.e., date imported, date updated etc. that occurs when you import others gedcoms.
3. Ensure that when you create a gedcom that it also include photos, documents and other additions you’ve made so those are also imported into the other program.
4. Create a one process option to easily find all locations with variations that include one or more common keywords. You’d use a checkoff to indicate which ones to change to the more correct common listing — Many locations are listed various ways and it would be great to create a single master for these.
5. Have a process which tells you there is duplicate information in the same informational note and what the duplication is. Having an option to review and if you choose cut the duplicate material would be very useful in cleaning up such notes.
6. Have a built in language translation component with specific modules.
7. Have an easy conversion and import from PDF documents, MS word documents etc.
8. Have a built in option to find appropriate illustrations, photos, maps etc. online linked by location, occupation, time period etc.
9. Have a built in link for historical figures (individuals of note, royalty, biblical genealogy etc.) in one’s ancestry that with one click provides authoritative data on lives and careers of such people. One could use to authoritatively determine birth, death etc. dates and add in notes.
10. Built in option to include audio/video documentation of relatives, plus high quality voice recognition to covert multiple peoples (theirs and your own) words as notes without typing.
I recently posted some thoughts on what I’d like to work towards for online genealogy: http://blog.yology.org/2009/01/three-focus-areas-weaknesses-in-online-genealogy/
Most of your wish list relates to the actual research process, which I don’t touch at all. My personal focus is on sharing / publishing all the data that’s already been compiled (scratching my own personal itch). But there’s plenty of work to go around…]]>