This has been a great year with many experts sharing their knowledge with us about genealogy and technology. Let’s take a minute to honor those who spent many hours preparing and publishing articles and reviews in 2007.
The two main publications that discuss genealogy and technology are Digital Genealogist and Internet Genealogy which are each published six times per year. To make this list, I totaled the number of feature articles, columns, and reviews from each author.
Listed below first in order of how many published items and then alphabetically by last name, are the Top 10 Most Published Authors of 2007:
- Diane L Richard – Internet Genealogy (13)
- Lisa A. Alzo – Internet Genealogy (6)
- Elizabeth Kelley Kerstens, CG, CGL – Digital Genealogist (6)
- David A. Norris – Internet Genealogy (6)
- Laura Prescott – Digital Genealogist (6)
- Drew Smith, MLS – Digital Genealogist (6)
- D. Joshua Taylor – Digital Genealogist (6)
- Leslie Albrecht Huber – Internet Genealogy (4)
- Janice Nickerson – Internet Genealogy (4)
- Gary M. & Diana Crisman Smith – Digital Genealogist (4)
The topics they discussed this year include:
- Online Databases & Research
- Online Maps & Downloadable Land Patents
- Search Engines
- Social Networking Sites
- Case Studies
- Software Reviews – Windows, Mac, and Linux
- FamilySearch Projects
- Military Sites
- Essential Technology
- Hardware & Gadgets
I am looking forward to 2008 and all that we can learn from these authors and others.
Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us!